Duration: 12 weeks
Base Diet: Fats
Type Diet: Diet dissociated
Atkins Diet is the diet to lose weight, according to which a person should consume high amounts of fat and low carbs.
The human body is able to burn both fat and carbohydrates to produce the energy needed proper operation. Carbohydrates in the form of glucose, are the primary source used by the body to produce energy.
Atkins suggests that by significantly reducing the amount of carbohydrates consumed, the body switches from burning carbohydrates to burning fat for energy. This process is known as lipolysis, secondary result of this process is ketosis.
When fat is dissolved to produce energy through respiration and urine ketones are released.
This is how lose weight through Atkins Diet.
Atkins weight loss program involves the 4 individual steps. For each stage recommend eating certain foods that help lower mission and, later, to maintain body weight.
Step 1: Induction
This phase of the Atkins diet should be followed for at least 14 days, after which you will notice the first changes you will be ready for the next stage.
-Consume more than 20 g of carbohydrates
– Weight loss is achieved by switching burning carbohydrates to burning fat as a primary source of energy
– Decrease of appetite, by stabilizing blood sugar levels, but excludes sugar addiction (sweet), wheat or corn derivatives, alcohol, caffeine, grains and other foods.
– Determine the change of body chemistry
– Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day;
– Eat a balanced combination of fat and protein (chicken country, fish, eggs, red meat and fat as butter, mayonnaise, olive oil / sunflower or other vegetable oils);
– In the first 2 weeks of this phase not eat seeds or nuts, etc.
– Avoid drinking caffeine as coffee, tea, energy drinks, carbonated;
– Recommend taking a daily multivitamin and mineral. Heads Up! Without iron.
– Replace sugar with artificial sweeteners (saccharin and sucralose);
– Quit snacks because they are high in protein;
– Do not eat sauces because they contain hidden amounts of carbohydrates;
– Chewing gum, pills freshening breath, cough syrups and cough drops are not indicated as containing added sugar or other caloric sweetener;
– Do not eat sugar products because, indirectly, they contain huge amounts of carbohydrates;
Step 2: Weight loss
During this stage the amount of carbohydrates will increase by 5 g per week, up to level critical carbohydrate level that varies from organism to organism, ie between 25 and 50 g carbohydrates per day. In this phase of the Atkins diet have to lose 1-2 pounds per week.
They determine a slow change in the ratio of carbohydrates, fats and proteins and carbohydrates
– Vegetables: onions, peppers, broccoli, spinach, avocado;
– Dairy products: cheese, mozzarella;
– Fruit juices: lemon;
– Nuts, seeds and almonds.
Step 3: Pre-maintenance
The third phase, called “pre-maintenance” is adopted when there are less weakened and reach your ideal body mass, as if in the previous round poor up to 2 kg a week ago will lose a few hundred grams week.
– Diversified food consumption, without excesses;
– Identify foods that help in weight loss;
– The importance of serving main meals of the day for life;
– Identify foods that lead to food addiction.
Step 4: Maintain
Maintaining ideal body mass requires that the weight does not fluctuate more than 1.5 kg per week.
– You can eat no more than 90g carbs per day.
– Do not eat canned sugary foods and food additives but only fresh products.
– Consumption of caffeine and alcohol will be strictly limited.
– Frequently you are taking nutritional supplements and vitamins.